UNM Foreign Visit Guidelines
Foreign Visit Guidelines:
Areas/Spaces that are subject to Technology Control Plans (TCP) and areas deemed as sensitive are required to follow this guideline.
For other areas, this guideline and assistance from the Industrial Security Division will be offered to the units as a service.
•Provide names of visitors for background check two (2) business days in advance of the visit to the Industrial Security Department. Visitor tags will be provided to you for your guests.
• Ensure there are a sufficient number of escorts to control a visiting.
• Ensure escorts are briefed as to what is critical within the facility and that they know what requires protection from the foreign visitors.
• Ensure facility employees are briefed as to the scope of the foreign visit and to not discuss anything beyond what is approved.
• Do not permit any cameras or note taking if something in the facility is "sight sensitive."
• Secure visitor’s cell phones prior to the tour/visit .
• Do not allow suspicious unannounced foreign visitors access to the facility or space.
• Do not allow last minute additions or substitutions to a foreign delegation to have access to the facility or space.
•Foreign Nationals are not authorized to use UNM computers, fax machines, copy machines, or similar equipment.
Any probing inquiries or suspicious contacts shall be reported to Deb Kuidis at 505.277.0732 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact IS Staff