Conflict of Interest
Submit Your 2016 - 2017 FCOI Disclosure
Submit Your COI Disclosure:
Annual COI disclosure submissions are required from all investigators engaged in UNM research.
- Investigators required to disclose are individuals (including faculty, staff and students) responsible for a task that could have a significant effect on the research design, conduct or reporting, even if the individual does not have sole or primary responsibility for the task or the research. They are often referred to a “key personnel” or “key team members”.
- A non-UNM investigator is any person employed by an entity other than UNM, working pursuant to a sub-award agreement, an independent contractor or collaborator, or otherwise not employed by UNM.
- Investigators are urged to submit their COI disclosure during the official submission period for the academic year which is from mid-August through mid-September.
- A call for annual submissions occurs every August. However, investigators are able to submit an annual disclosure at any time during the academic year.
Public Health Service (PHS) disclosure submissions, by federal regulation, are required for each PHS/NIH proposal submitted.
- Submission is needed prior to the time of every new proposal submission to a PHS agency
PHS/NIH project-specific: fill out at time of applying for funds or to report material change
Material Change disclosures. Submit when there is a material change, such as
- a new significant financial interest;
- a new situation that could call into question or impact professional commitments or primary allegiance to UNM;
- a significant change to a previously submitted disclosure.